Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Please Don't Wake Me Up!!!

Oh hey, did we have the same dream? You know the one I'm talking about. The dream of when you reach under your seat to find an envelope taped to your chair. And inside of the envelope is a silver key. Then you look up from the key, into her big brown eyes and its Oprah grinning hard...YES I SAID OPRAH...she screams and points to you and the other audience members “YOU GET A HOME, YOU GET A HOME, EVERYONE GETS A HOME?"


Okay okay, now maybe that was just my dream but please don't wake me up! Maybe I dream too hard or maybe I don’t dream hard enough. Only time will tell. What is real is my debt which is double my income and like most people I don’t qualify for any type of assistance so I just pray and plan. But like Les Brown says if “you fall, fall on your back. If you can look up, you can get up!”

 Sometimes it can feel like the our problems are the worst but things could and can get worst. Bottom line is our problems shouldn't handicap us, we have to imagine our problems on an obstacle course-we can go over, around or through but don’t just give up. Some of you may think as you read that I am an expert, financial wizard, or at least a previous home owner or maybe at least a child of a home owner.

The answer is no to all of the above instead the truth is I have been gathering resources and information and keeping notes everywhere, screen-shooting anything that I can use or benefit from, and everything is scattered. I started transferring my notes to my computer and realized that I can help more than just my family and friends. I can reach a lot of people in similar circumstances or people who just don’t know where to start; I can guide them based on what real experts are doing and share their success stories and paths.


Now I named this blog a very weird name and I realize it’s hard to put on a t-shirt and sell it but I’m not selling anything (in this moment) other than inspiration. If you were shopping in Macy’s for a “practical wallet” you would want a wallet that has lots of sleeves to put credit cards and IDs in and maybe some family pictures and then a convenient place for cash. This wallet would be nice on the eyes, maybe leather, if mines it would be pink and the right size.

Well this practical wallet is going to create enough sleeves to direct you in a practical path of home ownership, retiring financially secure, and building financial security for yourself and family. Like I said earlier, this is a platform to inspire people and help you recognize the tools to protect yourself and invest in yourself in the areas of home ownership, retirement, and personal finance. 

There is so much to take in so check back often and read my posts on the 5th, 15th, and 30th of every month, use the information in your plan as you see fit, leave feedback, share my posts, and subscribe to stay in the loop. My next blog post will dive into a benefit comparison of home ownership versus renting on February 15th, 2016.

Feel free to leave comments on this post or social media on instagram @practicalwallet, twitter @practicalwallet and pinterest @practicalwallet

No comments:

Post a Comment